Monday, February 9, 2015

Yeah, that feels good!

What is the best feeling ever!

Think about your life. That time that you won something! The moment that you accomplished something that you have been working hard for! When you got married! When your last child finally moves out! What are those moments in your life when elation exceeds the norm?

There is this little girl at my wife's daycare. She is the type of girl who says the things that everyone else is thinking but just won't say. She was in the restroom one day and she tells my wife, "I love to poop! I just feels so good!" Of course when you here this, you die laughing! Not because a little girl said "poop," but because we all have felt the same thing and have just never had the courage to say it out loud!

I recently have had a conflict with a friend of mine. I had acted in a way that, I felt, should have made this person really angry at me. I mean, I would have been angry if someone had done the same thing to me! After about a week of avoiding him, he approaches me and acts like nothing had happened. Nothing was wrong! This confused me, so later I asked him about it. He said that it was no big deal. That he understood why I did it. He mentioned that he was a bit taken back at first but after thinking about it, knew that I had not meant to hurt him. All of that was true! He understood me! He's not angry with me! Wow, what a relief!

Now that felt good! All of the anxiety that built up. The anticipation of a conversation in defense and worry about what he really thought of me. All pain I felt in punishing myself for hurting him. 

All of it ... GONE!

Now that is a lot different from dropping a load in the toilet, but the same feeling none the less!
Relief! Every good feeling that you have, I guarantee is tied to relief!

Relief is what hope is built on, what pursuit is driving for. It is what you and I live for, everyday! We don't live so that everything goes perfectly with out a drop of disappointment! We pursue everyday, through the hard times, searching for relief and when we get it, we would like it to stay. The problem is that we know, you can't have relief with out the hard times. 

If you are going through difficulty right now, don't worry, it's what has to happen in order for you to feel relief! The best feeling in the world! It's coming, persevere and when you get the opportunity pass it on! Their are plenty of opportunities to give relief to others, and when you do, you get to join in that moment of elation! You get to feel a bit of that relief, yourself! 

Tough times are going to come, but every time we sit on the toilet, let it be a reminder of what is soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment