Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Bees are Coming!

Yesterday I was headed out of the house for work when in the living room I had seen two bumble bees in the house. Not a big deal. We have been letting our new dog in and out of the back sliding door and sometimes we don't get it completely shut. I opened the door and guided them outside and went off to work. This morning I came downstairs and there were two more bees inside my house. These two bees were being much more difficult in their guidance out the door. I got a little frustrated with them and just took the flip flop in my hand and I smashed them both! Okay ... Done ... Problem Solved! 

I know that bees are good for the eco system. They are huge in the reproduction of the plants around us and who can deny a creature that makes dessert! I sure do love honey! However, they have stingers, and when they come into my home which is intended to protect us from these outside forces and don't listen well to my politely asking them to leave ... I must turn to protect my humble abode!

After killing those two bees, I didn't realize that I had triggered a man-hunt! I was laying on the couch, getting ready to write a completely different blog when I was surrounded by about ten bees ... in my house! I went from relaxing on the couch to running for my life out of my home! When outside of the house, I noticed some more bees flying around the corner of my foundation. As I creeped closer, I could see that they were entering and exiting through a crack in the foundation. They were living under my house and some how made their way inside. I immediately contacted my wife and my landlord. They are sending an exterminator later today. 

The bees were claiming my home as theirs! So, until I get the cure to my infestation, how do I still live in the home that I had once deemed safe? What does any man do when his home has been invaded by Stinger and his mob? We instantly turn into Chuck Norris, ready to kick butt and take names! So I barge in ... more like slowly and timidly open the door and slither inside along the furthest wall away from the bees. I noticed that they are no longer flying all over the room, they have all been attracted to the front window. I grab my nun chucks in the form of two flip flops and I take my stance like I had seen in the movies. I would sneak up to the window, get my flip flop as close to the bee on the window to avoid missing and unnecessary impact, hoping not to break the window. I smack it and I run away, ducking for cover all the way to the kitchen. When I figured out that the rest of them didn't follow after me in revenge, I slowly peeked around the kitchen wall. I tiptoed back over to the window, hit another one and stepped back away. I gained confidence and continued to take them down one by one like a ninja warrior until all were do out of commission. That is when I could sit down and started this blog. Now every once in a while a couple of bees come out from the separation between by lower wall trim and the carpet and I let them stay because only a few are not bothersome, however when they invite all their friends to the party I have to shut it down! 

I know that I may not have handled this situation correctly, there may have been a much more peaceful and environmentally encouraging way to handle my problem today, I just couldn't find one on the internet that didn't encourage being assisted by a pest professional which I am not. I certainly don't condone violence though we all wish in our inner being that we could make someone who attacks us look at least a little foolish. 

Our lives, so often, feels like my bumble be adventure today! I have felt surrounded by a swarm anticipating the sting and maybe have even been stung a few times. There are times when try to defend myself and just start out swinging. That only seems to make it worse and the swarm gets hostile. Other time I just stay laying there like "here we go again" assuming the worst and that there is no reason to do anything about it. Acting defeated still never fixes anything. However, when I have stepped outside of my life, kind of paused it for a moment and reflected. Just like I stepped outside the house and looked for the problem. I can find where it all started, and fix the source of it all. Many times that means that I need help. Help sometimes comes from friends or family and sometimes it comes from a professional, someone trained to handle these problems. They then coach me through the healing and restoration necessary to again have peace and sanity! When I can step back and look at it, when you can find the core, it is so empowering! Even with the help of others it still puts me on top of your world! 

You can do it! You are strong! Your life is beautiful and we are all better off that you are with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment