Thursday, February 19, 2015

Die, Winter! Die!

I have about had it with winter! Haven't you? All of the dead, cold nothingness! My weather app says that it feels like -19° outside today in Muncie Indiana! Then layer ice and a thick layer of snow on top of that! Slippery roads with never enough salt and plow trucks! I never wake up on a day like today excited for what's to come!

You know, sometimes I feel that way about my life! I just feel like the day is going to be dangerous. My experiences are cold, damp, dreary and just blah! I'm just waiting for the next time I'm going to slip up and and end up in the ditch. In these times I don't feel like there's anyone around who can or will help!

I had a friend tell me about a picture that he had seen. Someone had built a snowman ... but it was laying down. It had several knives stuck in what we would guess to be the abdominal region and the picture was titled "Die, Winter! Die!" You know, that is how I feel about winter right now, but really, that is how I feel about life at times.

You see, life is made of patterns, cycles, or seasons. Today is the Lunar New Year, another cycle that has just ended ... or you could say, just started! Each season, each pattern, each cycle has a beginning and an ending leading into something new.

The earth needs seasons. The dying off of Autumn creates great fertilization of the soil, the cold of winter and even the snow acts to preserve and insulate all in preparation for ...

SPRING!

Spring break, warm temperatures, beautiful flowers, green grass, sun shine, fresh starts, new beginnings, new life! All the good and excitement of spring wouldn't be there without the dead of winter! It may be cold right now, but spring time is coming! You may feel dead right now, but new life is coming!

We have our tough, rough and tumble. We get bruised, beaten, scorned and shamed. We get sad, mad, uptight and nervous. It gets cold and dark, but the sun is coming! We will have good, happy and joyful days. We will heal, persevere, be acknowledged and relieved! It will come! You will be stronger, smarter and matured because of it!

There are seasons and yours may be cold and hard right now. Every season has an end and new life always springs up from death! Yours spring time is coming! Stay strong!

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the winter will be over soon! Is it ok if I say that Mexico City is currently at 82 oF :-) All the best!

    ReplyDelete